5 common interview questions and how to answer them
interview questions and how to answer them
Giving an interview is always a stress-inducing process, no matter how confident you are. Giving an interview in a language not native adds to it even.
Most of the professional interviews in India are conducted in English and many people find it difficult to answer impromptu questions in English.
As such, it can be helpful to know what questions are commonly asked in English interview questions and answers to prepare better.
Tell me about yourself/ What we should know about you
· The answer to this question should not consist of your personal details as the interviewer doesn’t want to know you personally.
· The answer to this question should constitute your professional growth and your career journey ie your work experience skills and proficiencies.
- Make sure your answers are not bland and frame them well while speaking.
Why did you apply for this job?
- Answering this question can be complex, but remember not to give generic reasons like, 'this job pays well' etcetera.
- This interview question should be answered by citing your prior experience and how it may help you to do the said job efficiently.
- Another way to answer the question could be to explain how your skills will be well suited to the job.
Why are you leaving your current job?
- Avoid answering this interview question in any way that might be perceived negatively because it is directly related to your work ethics.
- An approach to answer this question can be to say that you are looking for further professional growth or you feel that you have the required skills to excel at the job.
Can you tell you something about educational qualifications?
- You do not need to list out your school qualifications as an answer to this interview question.
- Through this question the interviewer mainly wants to gauge your higher education, i.e. degrees or diplomas.
- You can also write about other significant qualifications you've gotten since college.
What is the salary/remuneration you expect?
- Answering this question is tricky as it will lead to further negotiations about expectations and the employer's ability to pay.
- Make sure you research the job profile and its expected salary beforehand.
- Don't be completely unreasonable in your salary demand as it will just result in the nulling of your job application.